Many toddlers perceive daily combing as a nightmarish ritual. Moms chase their princess with a comb for an hour to collect her naughty curls into a pigtail. A familiar picture?
Why do kids hate having their hair manipulated so much?
The hair of a child has a different structure than the hair of an adult. They are thinner and therefore tangle easily. The scalp of a child is delicate, vulnerable, and the child reacts more sharply to all procedures if they bring pain or discomfort. Add to this age-related restlessness, an acute reaction to pulling hairs with a brush or comb — and now: the child is in tears, the mother is on the verge of hysteria.
Here you can choose two paths:
- The first is to cut the child’s hair as short as possible.
- The second is to choose the right comb for hair, care products for children’s hair
- and — ta-da! — turn an unpleasant procedure into a magical game.
Imagine, you can become the very super-mom who, admiring the well-groomed head of her daughter, proudly says — “And my beauty loves to comb her hair!”.
Ready? Then go ahead!
And the following methods and tools will help us in this:
- baby shampoo with a low acid level (neutral pH);
- auxiliary balms, sprays for easy combing — to make the procedure
- combing as easy and pleasant as possible;
- correctly selected comb;
- and let’s not forget a competent psychological approach and game spirit.
What to look for when choosing hair care products for children.
You can pick up and shampoo, and smoothing balm, and sprays for easy combing. At the same time, preference should be given to well-established products for children. First of all, we study the composition — the product should be as natural as possible. Shampoo, spray should be hypoallergenic, not have harsh fragrances. Do not forget the age recommendations — for newborns and babies up to 3 years old, their own line, for older princesses — a line of 3+.
Choosing the right baby comb can be confusing for moms. Surely, many mothers will even be surprised — is there a difference between adult brushes and hair combs and children’s ones? Yes, and what else! Not attaching importance to how to choose the right hair brush or comb is a mistake.
Did you know that when combing, you not only prepare the hairs to collect them in a hairstyle, but also stimulate their growth? After all, combing is also a massage of the head, which makes the blood move faster. Therefore, it is worth paying special attention to the choice of a comb for a child.
So, we choose:
- We evaluate the comb for the frequency of its teeth and the density of your child’s hairs. For sparse hair, you can choose a comb or brush with frequent teeth, if the curls are thick, the teeth should be smaller;
- it is preferable to opt for a comb made of natural materials, such as wood, as well as a hair brush with natural bristles. High-quality plastic is also suitable, but if we are considering a hair brush, it is ideal if it has rubberized tips of the teeth. Avoid metal combs and very hard brushes with sharp teeth;
- it will be optimal to have several combs for my daughter: a massage brush and a comb-comb for creating hairstyles, dividing hairs into strands, creating a parting.
And one more important point. A comb for a baby should be beautiful! It’s great if the hairbrush is decorated with a pattern with your favorite cartoon characters, or it has a cute animal-shaped handle, or it folds up interestingly and fits into a princess’s purse! Maybe your fashionista wants to create a collection of combs, brushes and combs — help her with this! Get her a cosmetic bag, purse, cup or organizer for her favorite combs. Let her guide the beauty process and advise on which comb to use. Your little girl with dignity and pride will spin in front of the mirror, flaunting fashionable pigtails or a ponytail, and, finally, she will tell her friends — “I love to comb my hair!”.
Go to the brand “Alisanka” and find incredible combs for kids, teenagers and adults!
Our most popular items: