A good memory makes a person erudite and interesting, it helps to become a good specialist. Someone is given a gift in the form of a good memory from childhood, while someone has to constantly train it. How information is better remembered, what is necessary for the development of memory are questions that are being asked more and more often in the modern informative world.
Types of memory
Memory is aimed at remembering various information. Sometimes a huge amount of unnecessary information is easily remembered, and the necessary knowledge, even in the amount of a small poem, evaporates from the head in a moment.
Memory is classified according to several criteria:
- Information retention time. Distinguish between working, short-term and long-term memory.
- Features of brain activity. Here, motor, figurative, verbal-logical and emotional varieties are distinguished.
- The purpose of the activity highlights the arbitrary and involuntary storage of information.
When you need to remember something, several types of information storage in the brain are connected at once.
Better Memorization Ways
Each person is individual, so there is no universal way to remember. You need to find a way that will help you remember the information you need.
- Do not memorize the text. Cramming will not help you learn the material, and it will fly out of your head at the most inopportune moment. First you need to understand the information, then memorization will be easier and remain for a longer period.
- Visualize what you want to remember. Especially if you have a developed visual-figurative memory. Sometimes a vivid example allows you to remember what you need for a lifetime.
- Highlight the main ideas. When you want to remember only the essence, there is no need to delve into the description.
- Retelling is a great way to learn the material. Even if you are in an empty room, retell an imaginary interlocutor. So you will quickly understand where else you need to learn.
- Write what you remember. If the amount of information is too large, write a plan and tell it out loud, peeping at the cheat sheet. When the information is needed, you will remember the plan and the necessary knowledge will pop up in your head from the corners of memory.
- Spaced repetition is necessary. It is not enough to memorize, it is necessary to repeat several times. It is recommended to reproduce information immediately after memorization, then after 15 minutes, then after a day and after a couple of weeks.
- Don’t neglect rest. The brain gets tired, so it needs breaks. No need to try to remember a large amount of information in a short period of time.
- Find the right time to remember. In the morning or evening? This is individual. Rely on your biorhythms. The best time to memorize is from 7 to 10 am and from 8 to 11 pm. You can remember in the morning and repeat in the evening.
- Divide information into semantic blocks and memorize one at a time. This method is suitable for large informative volumes.
- Use associations. Link the material to the knowledge you already have.
- Rhyme if you can. The school example “the bisector is a rat that runs around the corners and divides the corner in half” clearly shows the effectiveness of this method. Even an avid loser could not forget about this geometric component.
- Throw away the negativity and trust that you will be able to remember.
So that memorization does not turn into torture, train your memory. Mind games, learning new skills, routes will not only diversify your life, but also make your memory better.
Posted on 18.09.2022 20:59