It is known that the character and tone of the interior are set by the right wallpaper. The mood and emotional state of your child directly depends on the appropriate color of the wallpaper. The children’s room is a place where he learns the world around him, plays, and rests. All these factors should be taken into account when designing a children’s room.
Change of scenery: color in the nursery
Each age has its own color preferences. A nursery for a child is a personal space, its own world. The scenery will change as your baby grows.
- In the first years of life, from birth to two years old, a cheerful color palette is great for babies. Everything unusual, large and bright attracts the child. He studies the world around him. But you should not glue such wallpaper at the crib. It is preferable to glue discreet drawings and pastel shades in this part. So the baby will easily fall asleep and will not be afraid after waking up.
- Kids from two to four years old like green, yellow, blue colors. The natural color palette fills the space with harmony.
- Children from four to six years old become especially active, uncontrollable. To balance their energy, choose a more restrained, discreet color scheme. Refuse for a while from the orange and red colors of the wallpaper. Also avoid dark blue, gray and dark green wallpapers. These are too serious colors for children, they will not bring them joy.
- For a child over the age of six, choose a cheerful wallpaper. They can be juicy, bright, interesting, but avoid drawings and patterns. Otherwise, complex images will distract him. Various combinations are possible here, since the baby is no longer interested in one color.
The theme of the drawings: flowers, birds, animals, geometry
Drawings also play an important role, so it is important to choose them correctly. Here are some tips to help you with this:
- For children under two years old, large, bright drawings are allowed.
- Kids from two to four years old can choose wallpapers with cartoon characters, favorite animals. The main thing is that the drawing should not be too colorful. And yet psychologists do not recommend choosing pictures of animals and other images larger than the growth of the baby. Otherwise, such a neighborhood will frighten and oppress him.
- Children from four to six years old make wallpaper participants in an exciting process. Namely: they use walls for art. Two-level wallpapers will help out, where the upper part will be for beauty, and the lower part will become a place for creativity. Now there are wallpaper-coloring or with contours for drawing.
- Wallpaper with a vertical stripe is considered the best solution for children from six years old. Such wallpapers will decorate the space and help the child to concentrate after active games.
For boys and girls
From 9 to 11 years old, the period of growing up begins. At this age, color preferences are formed. They are clearly different in boys and girls. Usually girls like pastel shades and pink colors. Boys choose the colors of the sea — they feel comfortable if the wallpaper is green, purple or blue. At this age, you can give them the right to choose for themselves. Although the joint choice of wallpaper is welcome for any age. After all, children are small individuals.
To new discoveries: wallpaper combination
So that the child does not overwork, is in a good mood and tone, strives to fantasize and develop logical thinking, use combined wallpaper options. This way it becomes possible to decorate the room in such a way as to bring color, brightness, dynamics and tranquility at the same time. Paste one of the walls with an active color, and let the other walls be discreet, background. Or make a geometric combination: combine squares, polka dots, a cage and a strip in one room. Do not choose earthen and dark brown wallpaper for the children’s room. The main rule when choosing wallpaper is that the room should not be boring and too cold.
Furniture and wallpaper
The place at the table where the child learns to write, read, draw, it is desirable to paste over wallpaper with green shades. This will help reduce eye fatigue. Also, such a color scheme increases intelligence. A blue-blue wall by the bed or in the form of clouds will help you quickly relax, calm down and tune in to rest. If you choose furniture with bright colors, then let the color of the wallpaper be in tone, without additional drawings.